7 April, Pokhara: One more person died after the consumption of poisonous mushroom at Lamachaur of Pokhara-Lekhnath Metropolitan City-16 on Thursday.
Eight-year-old Sonam Magar, who was taken ill after eating mushroom curry on Saturday, died while receiving treatment at the Pokhara-based Charak Memorial Hospital. With this, the death toll from the poisonous mushroom reached three while one more is receiving treatment, according Deputy Superintendent of Police Khadga Bahadur Khatri.
Earlier, Maili Tamang, 60, and her daughter Man Maya, 19, had died in separate hospitals in course of treatment after they fell sick from poisonous mushroom.
It is said that 12-year-old Ayush Magar, another victim of poisonous mushroom consumption, is receiving treatment at Kanti Child Hospital in the capital.
DSP Khatri said that Sonam is son of Maili’s sister.